Monday, March 19, 2012

nail colors: spring 2012

On the runways for the Spring/Summer 2012 season, I spotted a lot of nude and pastel nails. The subtle shades look both clean and almost effortless. I love the idea of a colored nail that is so subdued it almost turns into a neutral. For instance, there's a sense of dullness to Essie's 'lapiz of luxury' and Chanel's 'june' that make them able to be paired with other hues, uninterruptedly. (And by dullness, I do mean brilliance). Deborah Lipman's 'mermaid's dream' and Essie's 'mint candy apple' channel that oh-so-desired fall 2010 'jade' nail polish by Chanel. (Scoured the shelves for that one...unsuccessfully). I'm looking forward to going with a pastel/nude shade for my next manicure...although I can't decide which is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment