Saturday, March 31, 2012

jeweled sunnies

Spotted some bejeweled glasses in the April 2012 issue of Nylon Magazine (model images from magazine)…pretty much the shit. Such a great DIY project, and lord knows how many beads and baubles I have laying around. So…I MADE MY OWN (not posted, will show later). Bought an awesome pair of circle sunglasses and collected all sorts of glittery doodads, and started gluin’ away. I used E6000 paste, which any ex-dancer (I’m an ex-dancer) knows is the best adhesive for rhinestones, beads, jewels, buttons, trim...(you get it). It was a great rainy day project and I can’t wait to wear them and get snarls and stares on the street (that’s when you know you’re dressing right).

4 comments:

  1. You DIYed this?! Looks amazing!!!!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel...I didn't show the one's I DIY'ed. All of the glasses in the photo are by a-morir! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment! Super fun idea! I need to try it out!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! those glasses are all amazing and so unique!!

    bijou-minou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete